"We're all a little weird......"


  "And life is a little weird.  And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love."  ~Robert Fulghum,True Love

 And thus my story goes....at the start of this new year I was asked if Garrison Sanford could get to know me better and I him. I said yes....so, life went on with him coming over, talking, working together and so forth!



Then to my surprise I was asked by Garrison if I would marry him on January 19th, 2013. My answer was the same as my first..I said yes! 

"Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without."  ~James C. Dobson

God has indeed blessed me by sending me a Godly man who desires to live a life for Christ sake and for His kingdom! Not only that, I've known and loved his family for almost 7 years! My mind has been blown away by God's graciousness towards me and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with Garrison as we further Christ kingdom together! Adventure is out there!!

Please keep the two of us in your prayers as we start a new journey. It's definitely new grounds, yet a thrilling ride lies ahead of us!

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?!? {insert smile}

Comments

  1. I'm so happy for both of you!!! He's one lucky guy. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There we go! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to leave a congratulatory comment. ;-) So... CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Melissa!! I've never been able to meet you in person, but ever since I first read "Maidens of Virtue" back in 2005 I've been praying for all the McDonald girls' future spouses. :) I was soooo thrilled when your mom announced it on her Facebook page, and I hope you have the most blessed and wonderful year ahead!

    You have brought God so much glory over your years of patiently serving Him, and while you will still be serving, of course, it is so exciting that He's blessed you with this wonderful surprise! (Well, maybe it wasn't a surprise - I suppose you would know better than myself.) :)

    Anyhow, please know that you are in my prayers all the time and I can't wait to see wedding pictures. I wish you all the happiness in the world!

    Much love in Jesus,

    Katrina Casey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoooo hooo!!!! :) :) :) So glad I got to congratulate you in person last month!! :) So happy and excited for you!

    P.S. You two look SO good together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Let's climb the big, and beautiful, and high mountain! Let's climb, let's climb, let's climb!"