"There are two freedoms: the false where a man is free to do what he likes; and the true where a man is free to do as he ought." ~ Charles Kingsley

So, our business hasn't seemed to cease! Life continues to go on down this incredibly rugged road, but I'm not complaining!!! I'm trying to live my life to it's fullest, and shine for our Lord! Saturday found Jess, Caleb, James, Jill and I in Springfield. Why, you may ask.....well, I will tell you! You might have been wondering about this blog post I happened to post last week. For those who REALLY wanted to know, we decided it was high time we learned a new language! Not just any language though. One that reminds us of our ancestors, our legacy, and our life! We went to a class together to learn Gaelic! And let me tell you, it's a rough journey, but one I'm willing to go through! I'm really thrilled about this class, because not many people are willing to learn such a, what they might call, "strange" language. Instead, they want to learn the basic languages that are more families, but we happen to love to hold on to our Scottish roots! And hopefully, someday I might be able to actually go over the big pond and put it to some use!! *grins* Anyhow, I'll stop my rambling and get on with the pictures! =)

Before going, James and Jill treated us out to Bennigans, where we went over Jill's' note cards! Mine means "I am wanting water."James and Jill...you see, I wasn't the only one that was excited!! =)
We're on the screen!!Our teachers....they were very nice and were rather thrilled that we actually showed up! They have had many who said they were willing to come to this class, but they wouldn't show up after they had prepared a lesson for them. And others who would say it was too difficult, and drop out. So, they kept telling us how very happy they were that we showed up and said how well our accents sounded too!! T'was encouraging!My "name" since they don't have Melissa in the Gaelic language, I chose Margret. This says "My name is Margret."Yesterday, as many of y'all know, was our country's Independence Day celebration! This is most definitely the one day that almost everyone in the USA matches!! As you an tell, I got a little bored, so the checker boards were a bit of fun to mess around with! =)

Hi y'all!

We have the cutest kids in our church!

And if you don't think so after this blog post....you might have something wrong with you! ;-)

Popcorn anyone?!?!?

There is always tons of laughter and smiles!


Cute stuff!

Another cute kid!

And the pictures of them seem to never end!

Playing checkers!

Jamming out in the midst of trees....this could be their CD cover!

Mother and son! <3

My dad and I! <3

Father and Son!

I love these next two pictures!

So many different facial expressions!
Mr. and Mrs. BandyHaving a nice time in the shade of the trees!

Too much sugar?!?!?

Camera wars are so much fun!

She heard the first firework go off, and this is what she thought about that!

Of course, we have to have some sort of injury every time we have a get-together!

And FIREWORKS!!! This year we had the BEST show since we moved up here 5 years ago!


And today, Jess and I took the three youngest children out to make a quick bank run, then head out to the nearest park so the kids could run off some energy! Reflections are so much fun!!
There they are...as happy as can be!Very patriotic toes.....if I do say so myself!Jess watching from the nearest bench.This park was called "Big creek Park", so we decided to go and find that creek. We found it, but it was pretty nasty looking, so we looked from a distance!And, of course, tonight's sunset was simply gorgeous! If ever I'm in the car with you when the sun is setting, I will, WITHOUT fail, mention the sunset! It's one of my favorite times of the day!

I pray y'all all had a blessed, safe and simply BRILLIANT 4th of July! And I also pray that your week continues to be S math sin! aka: Terrific! =)

Comments

  1. I was going to comment on your FB photos that you breed the cutest kids ever there (apart from my own of course!)... they are gorgeous .. "Tha iad àlainn"

    Now....if more of you Americans wished to learn Gaelic, then you'd need a whole load of Gaelic teachers out there, wouldn't you? Now maybe we'd just *have* to head on out there - just to help you all out, you understand!

    Looks like a wonderful 4th you had :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Chasing the Sun..."