"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." ~ Author Unknown


So, our day yesterday started out somewhat smooth, then got a bit busier as time went on because we were getting ready to have the Sanford Family over for Mr. Sanford's BIG birthday as he turned 50! So, as you can tell, it's a big deal for some people, so we needed to make it EXTRA special! =) Below Jess gets a picture of her and I, as I juice some oranges for an Orange Dream Cremesicle!

Mom and Abby starting the other part of the cremesicles!

When they got here, a walk was a MUST seeing as it was simply gorgeous outside, but still on the slightly chilly side for me! William came along, being cute as ever!

What can I say?!?!? Shadows are so much fun!


Our "group" making our way down the road!

Art

I call this "The Lonely Tree"!

Jess and Meli

More shadows fun!

Little man!

Art

"Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh my!"

Before we are all "set" up....

And after! =)

Me and my little brother! He's such a blessing in my life that I couldn't think of life without him! But of course, if you knew him too, you'd say the same thing! =)

After we got back, Jess put the almost finished Cremesicles into their push-up pops so they could be frozen!

Jess and the ALMOST finished product!

Jessica made these DELICIOUS brownies called "Black Bean Brownies". I know the name is kind of odd, but it sure doesn't do them justice! They were incredibly moist and so very good! It's a must try, if you happen to be adventurous! =)

Meli, Jess, and Mrs. Sanford's mom!

Peter wanted to look stylish!

Here is the second dessert Jess made for the evening. It's a Raw honey Cheesecake with a cranberry topping that happens to be wheat free, dairy free and corn free! It was rather tasty too!
Meli lights the candles!

Art

And my collage of Mr. Sanford blowing them out! =) My personal favorite happens to be number four!

Opening of the gift!

William donning on the bow!

Some of the group!

Jess cutting the cake! =)
Art
I love the reflection our coffee table has!

Nathan took a fancy to the sunglasses too!

William making a Milo face! =)
("Mars Needs Moms" for those who don't know who Milo is!)

Meli and Em making each other laugh!


And I'll end with this picture of two sisters! I'm so blessed to have one of the BESTEST sisters around! I'm so glad she still lives here too! I have no idea what I would do without you, Jess!

And thus ends another day in the life of the McDonald family! This weekend is going to be rather busy too! We have the Worldview Conference which is held at our church, and then we get to gather to worship our King and Lord! I pray y'all have a marvelous week/weekend, and who knows! I just might see some of y'all at the conference! {insert grin}

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?!?

Comments

  1. Looks like y'all had a fun time with the Sanfords! All that food sounds really good right about now. I have to say, I'm curious to see what the brownies taste like. Love William's Milo face! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say how much I love your blog, especially since you update it all the time! =) Some blogs may seem like ordinary life, but they can be so full of vitality and bloom...like yours! I love to find uplifting, encouraging blogs, and yours is one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO incredibly blessed to have you as my sister. :-) And hopefully, I'll always stick around (at least nearby!)!! <3

    On another note, lovely pictures! I love how beautiful it was outside - made me happy. *grin*

    And Sir William Bow-head is adorable. :P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delaney, we sure did have a nice visit and the weather was almost "just right"!!

    The food, if I do say so, was good! The brownies were actually very delicious!! I thoroughly enjoyed them!

    Rachel, Thank you so much! That's very encouraging! Makes me want to post more often then I do now! =) I always wondered what others thought of it, now I kind of know! =)

    Jess, YOU HAD BETTER!!! If you don't, I'll hunt you down.....

    Thanks! The outdoors made me happy too!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Let's climb the big, and beautiful, and high mountain! Let's climb, let's climb, let's climb!"