"I must be in Califonia....."

Now we come to PART THREE of our 2 week long trip! This one brings us from Nevada to California! This one has a crazy story to it! The mornings before, we woke up at 4 in the morning to hit the road around 5 due to the amount of mileage we had to travel. This morning we only had three hours ahead of us! No biggy, right?!? So, before we got into the boarder, my dad stop to get some water on a random road in the middle of the desert! Below are a few shots we got of Caleb, Dad, and the kids.....

They were amazed at how much of it was sand and not dirt with grass!!The Tardis with the Sierra/Nevada Mountains in the background!The Sierra/Nevada Mountains!After we got through the boarder, we went along on some country roads that had these HUGE signs saying: "DIPS"! I thought to myself, then said aloud to Jess: "What in the world are dips?" And of course this was just a matter of seconds! Right after saying this we went up just a little into a steep little hill sharply going back up to do it all over again! I have to mention though, that at this point the car I was driving was having MAJOR issues with the brakes. So every time I just touched them a little, the whole car/mini van would shake violently! So, this is the part of the story when I ask Jess to call the car ahead (AKA my dad) and mention this to him. He said he would look at it and try to let the van slow itself down, or pump the brakes. So, I did just that, praying it wouldn't get any worse! Well, we arrived in a little town, continuing on our journey with maybe an hour to go when we saw a sign that said our road was closed! So, we turned around and went to the local visitor center. So, Jess got some lunch out while dad went in to ask them if this was really true! I got a little bored, so I took the camera out and took a couple of photos! Below, if you look really hard in the background, you can see the Sierra/Nevada mountains...at least part of them!Jess dishing the food out!
Well, to our dismay, the road was indeed closed. So, we had to take a route that was pretty much a circle to get to our location. This would take us the rest of the day adding 6 hours onto our "what was supposed to be" 3 hour drive! I would highly recommend not taking highway 88 to 89! Scariest drive I have ever made in my life! We went up in elevation to about 8,000 and something with no rail guards half the time and drop-offs right next to the passengers side! Let's just say, I was completely thankful I was driving, otherwise I would have flipped out! On time it was going straight up and all you could see was sky! No mountain, no tree, nothing but sky and clouds! So, after traveling through that part, and being half-way there, my dad stopped on the side of the road to take a look at the van and see how bad it really was. It ended up being pretty terrible, and I'm completely thankful he took over with the driving, cause it was scaring me too much! So, we called many car shops to see if they would take it overnight to get the brake pads fixed. After doing all of that and calling my sister telling her our predicament, the said they would meet us at the car shop and pick the rest of us up with the luggage! Below is my dad, with a BEAUTIFUL scenery in the background!We passed this HUGE lake! So gorgeous when the sun shines on it!So, after awhile, the van stopped the shaking. When we got to the car shop, they said to just go ahead and take it up the mountain, that maybe it was just a one time thing! We did just that, after we said hi to Tiff, Ben, the baby, Matthew and Anton! It was so great to see them again!! When we FINALLY got to camp, everyone was outside playing a bunch of different games. Take a peek below! =)
After unpacking, going to the hall to eat dinner, they had CPC has got Talent show! Christa, Daniel and Joshua were able to make it out too which made the trip even more special!

Jess, Christa and IOur group waiting for the show to start!Dad, mom, William and Joshua enjoying themselves!There were many skits, songs, and poems that were presented! All of it was fantastic!The next morning I got to hold my niece for the VERY first time! She is such a doll and I am so proud to have her in our family!My nameless niece, so sweet and refined!Tiff was busy at work..,.making sure the LAST stitches on the baby's gown were finished with perfection!Jess, the baby, Anton (my **BOL) and I enjoying some time quality with out-laws and family!Auntie Abby and her niece!The baby had such a nice bed in the hall made out of her daddy's computer bag!Jess, Tiff and Ben!During Breakfast, a friend was showing the little girls what their heartbeat sounded like!During the day they had tons of activities going on and Nic (my sisters *BIL my **BOL) was helping out at the giant zip-line!Anton (my **BOL) and I were happy to be on-lookers at the zip-line, earlier Anton went rock climbing with the others!Here are a few photos of the many activities they had. There was the leap of faith, the giant zip-line, and rock wall climbing. My siblings were fearless, and went on all of them!Jess, Tiff and Ben on their way to lunch!Tiff and I with the baby! =)My table at lunch! We had a fabulous time!And of course, lunch was enjoyed by all!The group outside!Matthew (another **BOL) and Mr. Raffety are pretty close buddies! *grins*This picture makes me laugh out load!
My odd siblings and ***OL's! A group of us while they had some practice dancing going on...yeah, we got a little bored!After dance practice, we had choir practice for the Ordination Service!Art
I cannot have a blog post without one photo of art, right?!?!While I was in choir with Caleb, my sisters decided to go have some fun out by the little river on the property!And here is a teaser photo of my nephew, right before the service! I will continue with that part in the next post!So, now we have finished part three! I sure hope y'all bear with me because this will take about 10 more post to finish up our trip! Yes, we made plenty of memories, took a gazillion pictures (thanks to Tiff, my family, and the Hectors for the many photos!), and had the time of our lives living life to the fullest!

I pray y'all are extremely blessed this week, as I have been! We have been able to start gardening, dad and Caleb built the square boxes for the garden, and then sun has been out for the past 2 days! Yes, it did rain a little but, that's okay! I'll live as long as I get some sunshine!

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?!? And be blessed along the way! {insert smile}

*BIL - Brother-in-law
**BOL - Brother-Out-law
***OL - Out-law's

Comments

  1. Ben couldn't believe your map said to take Sonora Pass...it's almost always closed! But we were soooo thrilled that we got to go out and meet y'all!

    *sigh* Good times, great memories and fun pictures! Love you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Caleb! (Great pose Caleb.:)) It was so much fun having your family for Presbytery this year!! So many pictures, and so many memories. I cannot wait for a trip to Illinois! Hopefully next Presbytery.:) Thanks for sharing Mel! By the way, you all are the greatest Outlaws ever!!!:)

    Anton, Esq. to be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff, It was crazy, but in the end, I'm glad we did it..otherwise we wouldn't have incredible stories to tell!! =) AND we were completely thrilled to FINALLY get there!!

    Love you more! <3

    Anton, *nods* Caleb is pretty awesome with those poses!

    It was beyond wonderful being able to have our (almost) whole family out that way!! I know we had a blast, and could have stayed for more....but life has got to go on.

    Y'all better make it out next year, otherwise y'all will have some very sad outlaws. And we couldn't have better outlaws then y'all!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Let's climb the big, and beautiful, and high mountain! Let's climb, let's climb, let's climb!"