"Life is a road, and I want to keep going..."


"We were strangers, starting out on a journey. Never dreaming
What we'd have to go through. Now here we are, and I'm suddenly standing at the beginning with you! Love is a river, I wanna keep flowing!"

Well, we have made it there and back again! Driving through 5 different states to get to sunny CALIFORNIA! And let me tell you, it was one brilliant 2 weeks! *happy sigh* If I could, I would definitely want to live it all over again! Our first day found us up at 4 in the morning, getting on the rode just after 5, stopping 5 times for the lou and also for our lunch break! All-in-all we made it in good time! =) A few days before, as I mentioned in my last post, Jess made the Tardis for our car so it could travel along with us! So, throughout my posts, you will see that the Tradis visited these places too! =)
"Life is a road now and forever!"

The skies out that way are so BIG, SPACIOUS, BLUE, AND BEAUTIFUL!!!

There was much sleeping......

and dreaming of that sunny land where some incredible people live!

This picture reminds me of a Winnie the Pooh picture!

Dad and the four younger kids at the rest stop where we had our lunch!

Dad and Jess! <3

The family

Mom and Jess being goofy!

Mumsie and Abby

The girls were fascinated with the water pump!

Jess and I

It was rather hot outside!
The kids and I at our last stop before arriving at our dear friends, The Chapa family, house!The girls decided to play "flip the hammock and see who could hold on the longest" for hours!

Faith with her mis-matching shoes! =)

Jess and I

Caleb and Reed!

We went to the local airport to fly a plane!

And of course they have some rather awesome planes!

Goofing off! =)

The plane we went up in flying through the blue skies!

Art

Our pilot Mr. Chapa

*shrugs* Sisters! what more can I say! =)

My brother and his parachute!

Super Man!

"We were strangers, on a crazy adventure"

Art

The first ones to go up!
"Never dreaming, how our dreams would come true!"

And yes, we DID get to fly it! =D

My group!

Faith and William are really great friends! If you cannot find one, just look for the other!

"Now here we stand,unafraid of the future
at the beginning with you!!"


Well, that's just the BIGinning! Because I have SO many other pictures, and two weeks of photos pile up, ya know?!?!? I pray y'all will try and endure the LONG posts with me......for, you see, it will probably be four or more posts!

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?!? {insert smile}



Comments

  1. It is so fun to see the trip to California. Having traveled across the country on several occasions, I understand how exciting, fun, and tiring it can be to prepare for such a trip. None the less, it is worth it in the end.:) I love the picture of Caleb's parachute!:) I cannot leave out the Tardis.:) I love it! Flying looks like it would be sooo much fun! Thanks for the post Mel, and I cannot wait for the ones to come.

    Miss you all and can't wait to see you all again.:)

    Anton, Esq. to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEL! Fabulous post, as per usual!! I seriously *love* the first "sister" pictures...the colors and people are SO gorgeous. *nods* Looking forward to the rest of the posts. :)

    Love you!
    ~Len

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anton!! It was an incredible drive, one that I would be willing to do again! Y'all need to put some post up too. *nods* ;-)

    Miss y'all too, and eagerly looking forward to our out-law reunion!! =)

    Thank you Len! Most of the pictures didn't need editing because the lighting was so incredibly WONDERFUL! So far, I think I'll be posting more then 10 posts about this trip! So much went on, that it's impossible to make it any smaller! =)

    Love you too! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Let's climb the big, and beautiful, and high mountain! Let's climb, let's climb, let's climb!"