"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." ~Robert Louis Stevenson


Seeing as today was Mother's Day, all of the kids in the house planned something special for our own mother! We all either made her cards or bought them, and also got her one of her favorite chocolates! And also, since she has started this new diet sometime back, she has been off of wheat which means her most favorite dessert could not be consumed unless it was wheat-free. That's exactly what we did! I made her a coconut-almond crust to go with her Cheese Pie! AND it turned out!! *so excited* All I can say is, I have one of the BEST mother's in the world, and would NEVER trade her for anyone else! Even though I can be incredibly stubborn, she ends up showing me the right way of things, not letting me do something foolish. She has been such a blessing in my life, and also a Godly and wonderful example of what a homemaker is supposed to be! What more could I ever ask for?!?! Well, this week seemed to go by SO SLOW....but ended rather fast! We have been cooking, cleaning, packing, cooking, cleaning, shopping, and did I mention packing? It's been a whirl-wind of things that seem to never end until tomorrow when we will be on our way to CO at 5 in the morning! =) Below we have the two "older" younger girls packing our snack bags full of good for you goodies! =D


We made our breakfasts, lunches and dinners because it's TEN times easier then going out and not knowing what on earth you're eating! So, we made an Italian Quinoa Salad, and Mexican Bean Quinoa Salad, and an Asian Chicken Salad. It was a full day preparing all of our food, but we got it done!

Jess found this AWESOME tardis for our van! (Dr. Who for those who didn't know!)

Also, while putting stuff in our freezer I happened to look out the window and saw all the pot dirt on the front porch. Wondering how that happened I saw a little head pop out of one of the pots!

Chicken Pot Pie, anyone?!?! {insert cheesy grin}

She decided that it wasn't funny, so she left......

Today, our church added to our numbers! We received the Witzig family into our church!
It's such a joy when visiting families become members of our church, letting us know that we're not so bad! =)

We also had a baptism for one of the babies that was born just a few weeks ago!
We welcomed Justus Ambrose into our church too! What a joy it is when the infants are welcomed into the body of Christ!

I couldn't decided which ones I liked best! =)



The cake!

And of course the baby! <3

I love how small his hands are to ours....precious!

I got to hold the baby too! *smile*

And the Degenhart family!

After our lunch and went for a short walk, didn't stay for afternoon class because our cars needed to be packed and all of the last minute things needed to get finished!

And of course, that calls for some photos too!

Emma decided to look at life through rose coloured glasses, I told her it was a bad idea.....she took them off!

THIS is only my bag on down to William! Which means we are missing about three bags! When there's a big family, there happens to be LOADS of bags! Those little black bags are snack bags, so those don't count!

Since James and Jill are house-sitting for us, they came over and brought some treasures they brought back from over the pond! They gave me a new coin to add to my somewhat small collection! I really like this one because of the thistle on the back! Just reminds me of my Scottish history over the pond left for others to enjoy until I can travel myself! I'm truly looking forward to that day with great anticipation!

Well, I'm going to close this post now so I can hit the sack before an EARLY morning! I pray y'all are incredibly blessed this week and it proves to be most brilliant! I'll try to post when I get to CO, just so y'all know we're alive and that we made it to our first destination! =)

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?!

Comments

  1. Praying for safety and traveling mercies for all of you, and I look forward to seeing y'all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Let's climb the big, and beautiful, and high mountain! Let's climb, let's climb, let's climb!"