Beannachtai na Feile Padraig!! (Happy St. Patrick's Day)


So, seeing today IS St. Patrick's Day.....we are wearing green and some orange in this house! =) But, just because it's a special day doesn't mean we don't have other things to do! That's right....the kids and I have been working ALL morning on their winter/summer clothes! We have taken out the rather hot, dark clothing put them away until next time and have taken the bright summer clothes out!! It always makes me happy to see such cheerful colours!! But, before I go on with today, I must update y'all on what happened yesterday, no? Well, let's just say it started out nice and quiet..and I should say rather warm!!!

I went out most of the afternoon running many errands, finally getting home around 4ish to finish getting ready for company! That's right! We celebrated Virginia Graces' birthday with some friends, also with James and Jill too! =) As you can see some people were incredibly happy!

Much better! ;-)

Grace and her friend Elita with their "bad guy" they drew together!

Mr. Candler wanted to be in it too....*grins*

Jess and Hannah setting the candles on fire!! I think we should be scared....*looks around nervously*

Hannah in awe.....

Making sure the flame doesn't go out, Jess and Hannah bring the cake in singing the traditional birthday song!

Grace, happy as ever!

Then she takes a DEEP breath....

and blows the candles.....

until there is no flame left!

Opening of the gifts!

Art


If you ever get a chance to meet William, remember when he asks you "Do you know what?" NEVER SAY WHAT!! Or you lose...PERIOD!


Someone is REALLY happy!

Mirror pictures are so much fun!

The little man himself!


Her new headband.....(which she is wearing with a green shirt at the moment, I told her it didn't match....she just shrugged her shoulders and walked on.)

Making sure she got every thing out of the bag....

Sweet friends!

Or should I say...odd friends! *laughs*

Me and THE cake!
What big eyes you have Em....what a big nose you have Em.....

Some of the kitchen crew.....gone crazy!

Living proof Dinosaurs once roamed the earth! *big grin*

Em and Len!

And since it happens to be St. Patrick's Day, I decided to don on my "camouflage" shirt that has some orange colour in it, and drink my Irish Breakfast tea!! What better way to celebrate this day?!?!?

And of course I must end this post with my random upside-down photo! =)

I pray y'all are incredibly blessed today, as we all reflect on that Godly man God sent into harms way to bring the gospel into a heathen nation! God's ways are the BEST ways! May the rest of your week be blessed even more so!

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?!? {insert grin} (as an aside...*Pinch* to all of those who didn't wear orange or green! =P)

Comments

  1. *laughs* Great post, Mel! We had such a great time :)
    Who knew that *I* looked like a Dino?? lol Joys of flaring your nostrils :P
    *hugs* Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia Grace...... what a beautiful name.
    It looks like great fun was had by all. You'll excuse this 'true blue' Brit for not wearing the green (but I'll go the orange anytime ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sierra!! We did have a grand time, now didn't we?!?!? Ah yes, flaring your nostrils can be rather....*cough*...fun? Love you too!! <3

    It just so happened that Virginia is where my mother found the grace of God, so when another little sister came along, that name was chosen! =) Orange works for us over here, too!! Seeing we are presbyterian! *grins*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Let's climb the big, and beautiful, and high mountain! Let's climb, let's climb, let's climb!"