"I'm walkin' on sunshine...."

So, this morning happened to be my favorite morning of the year thus far! The sun was shinning through the window, and birds were filling the outdoors with song!! What could be more glorious then waking up to that sound and sight?!?!? A little later on in the day, Caleb decided it was high time to start boiling the sap down. The kids thought they would like to help too, but played horse instead! =)
Next few shots are of Caleb kindly chopping the wood for the fire! Isn't he a sweet brother?!?!? ;-)
There are going to be allot of pictures with Caleb in them. I thought that I should get plenty since I won't be seeing him for almost a month!! He's heading down with a group (I think) to TN to help some friends build a fence. I will be off to FL to help a family out for 2 weeks the day he gets home, so we will JUST be missing each other by a few hours or so. Kind of sad, but I suppose people must grow up sooner then later and learn to get along without the other, although it's going to be very hard.
The next few happen to be on my favorite list simply because I got them in sequence!! =)


Happy and ready to take on what is before him!
Art
*love*
The pot and our fire pit! It's a definite must see!! My dad, Caleb, and a friend made it! Pretty nifty on nice spring/summer days!
Father and son.....making some hot dogs!

Art 2
I love the smoke in this one! =)
Mr. Vogel (our neighbor) came by to see how the syrup was going.
Tonight we had the Niesen family over for dinner....we had a lovely time!! Below is little Steph, sweet girl! =)
And last, but not least, Caleb and I stop to get a picture before I had to go in and help with preparations for company!
Thank you Caleb for all of your hard work! (even if the first batch of syrup got thrown out...next time, eh?) I'm looking forward to seeing if the rest will turn out! Hopefully you won't eat it all before I get back! ;-) Yes, he did do most, or I should say pretty much ALL of the work! I have been blessed with such an AWESOME brother!! =) Well, I'm going to end this post,and hopefully I can get another up about my soon-to-be sister-in-laws second bridal shower, which is tomorrow! Y'all have a blessed weekend!

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?!? {insert grin}

Comments

  1. Today. was. gorgeous. outside! Good post, Mel! Looks like y'all had a GRAND time. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kas!! It was indeed very beautiful out!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Let's climb the big, and beautiful, and high mountain! Let's climb, let's climb, let's climb!"