"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind..."


Sorry for not posting LAST night...I had a rather terrible head-ache from not drinking water ALL day long and standing in the state Capitol until way after noon with no protein. Not bright...no? Anyhow, here I am head-ache free and a blog post awaits!

Since I am still in my fathers house and thus have no Valentine (as of yet) on this day, the 14th of February, I decided we should plan a dinner for my parents! They'd rather not go out when ALL of the restaurants are jam packed full of people for a nice romantic evening. I'm mean, come on! Would you?!?! So, after MUCH planning we decided on a nice dinner for them, sent them out for the afternoon while we perfected everything. Thus making it more fun and keeping the theme a secret! =)


By now, you've probably guessed as to what the theme of the meal was! =)

The kids were thrilled about the whole thing! Emma and William welcomed them as they arrived, handed them their menus, and walked them to their room!
Before they arrived though we decided that pictures was a MUST, so the follow ones are just for fun!
Art 1
Cowgirl hats are incredibly fun!! Thanks to those girls who lent us their hats for this special occasion!

Helping William kneel on his boot for a picture....

The McDonald Kids (who are still home) mostly smiling!

And of course, no pictures is complete without a "funny face" one!

And goofy ones, too!

Our last group picture, this one is my favorite!

Boots, boots, and more boots!

My brother, lookin' countryfied!

Mirror pictures are fun too!

So, here is the room we decorated for their evening!

Dad, looking at the menu!

My dear and wonderful parents. I love these people and give them my highest respect! They have done so much for me, kept me on the right path, helped me guard my heart, show me right from wrong, and so much more! I thank God for the two brilliant people He has placed in my life! Without them, I'd be so lost!! I love you mom and dad!! <3>

Their dinner! I found a recipe for baby ribs in a cookbook my mom got for Christmas called The Stinky Rose. And yes, it's full of recipes calling for garlic!

And this is what's happening outside of that room....


Finally, all together! =)

I made some coconut custard, since mom cannot have any milk. It's hard finding recipes that don't call for milk products!

The three amigos!

Don't mess with Texas!


Mom and Dad, after they finished their dinner! I think they were happy! =)

And for my last picture! Thanks to Jess and Caleb for their ideas and help! Without y'all I couldn't have pulled it off!!

I hope y'all enjoyed this last post! I know we had a simply marvelous time throwing this together! I'm now trying to think of next years.....y'all have a wonderful week and I shall try to get another post up before the week is out! {insert smile}

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!?!?

Comments

  1. Hey! It was my idea too!!

    It was a great evening...I'm so glad we were able to fix the dinner up for Dad and Mom! Of course we'll do it again next year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Work, work all week long..."

Welcome to the Himalayas!!!

"Let's climb the big, and beautiful, and high mountain! Let's climb, let's climb, let's climb!"